Domains are one of the important milestone before starting an online business.
Why is your domain name so important?
- It’s your business “first impression”. Your domain URL is the first thing your visitors or client will see. A good domain name can make a positive impact on visitors and improve your conversions .
- It affects SEO. While exact match domains (EMDs) are no longer necessary, keywords in your domain name can still help your SEO ranking.
- It defines your brand. Your domain name is a branding opportunity! The right domain name can increase brand recognition.
Important factors of before choosing domain name:
- Use .com, .org or .net (most popular ones)
- Brandable over generic
- Shorter is better
- Easy to type
- Easy to pronounce
- Avoid hyphens and numbers
- Consider using a keyword that reflects your website
- Think long-term over short term
- Check if it’s not trademarked
- Use domain name generators when stuck
Here’s how to find a more brandable domain name:
- Create new words. You can make up your own catchy, new words. That’s what Google, Bing, and Yahoo did.
- Use existing words. You can use a thesaurus to find interesting words that fit your brand.
- Use domain name generators. These tools can help you create a unique, brandable domain name from your initial domain ideas and keywords. (We’ll highlight some of our favorite domain name generators later in this post.)